Sunday, March 1, 2009

Tucson's Peace Fair...

This is how I announced it:

Hello!

By serendipity, Acoustic Vimala is now scheduled to play the 27th Annual Peace Fair and Music Festival this coming Saturday [Feb. 28]. The time slot is from 11:45am - 12:30pm. It is early in the festivities but maybe some of you can make it! The Fair is at Reid Park at the corner of 22nd and Country Club and goes from 11am - 5pm.

I am privileged to have the quality support of Geo Melville on guitar and Bruce Silvey on percussion for this gig and I thank them both in advance for stepping in on such short notice and helping me out. We hope you can get to this great peace-happening, spend an hour or the whole day, and maybe together we can give peace its well-deserved chance!

PEACE ON EARTH!
Peace in ME!
Vimala

...And this is how it looked!



For more photos: !!!click here!!!

This was an amazing day and I want to thank Geo and Bruce for supporting me with their wonderful music, and thank-you to everyone who showed up and cheered us on!!! This was a most amazing and fulfilling day, to be on this particular stage for this particular event. And a week ago, I wasn't even on the schedule! Serendipity!!! I told my friend Myra, that I can die happy now as this is what I came here to do... sing joyful songs of Peace on Earth for people who share the vision. I am a much blessed lady!!!
We carry on,
Vim

The Set List FYI:

Feelin’ Groovy – Simon & Garfunkel
Living is Easy – Vimala [original]
Mr. Rainman – Chuck Moses [lyrics of last verse by Vimala]
The Returning Song – Vimala [original]
Tired of You – Vimala [blues original]
I Love You – Vimala [original]
ArmyArmy/Tropic of Reason – Chuck Moses [anthem of the age!]
Where Have All the Flowers Gone - Pete Seeger and Joe Hickerson
Universal Soldier - Buffy St. Marie ....
Let it Rain – Vimala [original]

Check out the originals at MySpace.

No comments:

Post a Comment